The compact SUV/Crossover segment is sizzling right now in Malaysia with just too many choices and Malaysians are getting confused between value, sales gimmicks and sexy designs at showroom level whilst forgetting to look closer at reliability, cost of ownership, after sales network, manufacturers warranty, interior quality, and cabin refinement.
Yes, crossover manufacturers are coming up with creative marketing plans to prevent buyers looking elsewhere. Here we have the 2018 redesigned Tucson that is sitting in all Hyundai showrooms nationwide. Unveiled with a snazzy new exterior and interior design, this face-lifted 1.6L Turbo Tucson is priced at SGD$109,999.
Here are 10 reasons why you should test drive this turbocharged award winning Crossover.
- The Tucson nose now features the Cascading Grille, the company’s NEW family identity. The lines of the grille are echoed by the new full LED headlamps and the updated shapes of the daytime running lights, which strengthen the sporty character of the Tucson. Redesigned front bumpers as well as the reworked position of the skid plate give the New Tucson a wider look and a dynamic stance.
- The cockpit is redesigned featuring Hyundai’s latest 7-inch floating display that comes with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- The 1.6L Turbo comes with more advanced features such as the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Electro-Chromic Mirror (ECM), 8-way power seat for the driver with 2-Way Lumbar Support and a 4.2-inch TFT LCD Super Vision.
- The 1.6L T-GDI engine produces 177PS of horsepower and delivers a maximum torque of 265Nm from 1,500 to 4,500 rpm.
- The fuel consumption combined in an impressive NEDC conversion: 6.9 – 7.9 l/100km and its CO2 emissions combined in NEDC conversion: 159 – 180 g/km.
- Safety features such as the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Hill-Assist Control (HAC), Downhill Brake Control (DBC), Brake Assist System (BAS) and Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) come as standard.
- 1.6L Turbo driven Tucson comes with 6-airbags, a hands-free smart tailgate system, as well as Front and Rear Parking Distance Warning.
- The Tucson is entitled to 50,000km free service with 3 years’ validity and an industry leading 5-year or 300,000km (whichever comes first) warranty.
- Hyundai’s new-vehicle quality was among the best in the industry, as the company ranked as the 2nd highest non-premium brand in J.D. Power’s 2018 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS). Hyundai was one of the most improved brands, moving from 6th to 3rd overall and reducing problems per 100 vehicles by 14. In the model segments, the Hyundai Tucson was the highest-ranked small SUV and the 4th best model overall.
- Hyundai’s Tucson received the distinct honor of most dependable Small SUV by J.D. Power in their 2018 Vehicle Dependability Study (VDS). This annual Vehicle Dependability Study shows Tucson ranked highest in its class, beating out leading competitors. The Tucson offers sporty styling, outstanding efficiency and cutting-edge safety technologies. Overall, Hyundai scored an impressive 6th place finish in the entire industry and 3rd best in the non-premium category, lowering its PP100 by 9 problems.
Now that you have the facts, the audited global rankings in reliability and quality ratings, its time to look past gimmicks and sales pitches and take this crossover for a test drive to decide if it suits your needs.